Record all of your learning during your time off school in this book
Every day please complete one English task, one Maths task and one other task from the suggested activities below.
- Read everyday
- Practise 2s, 5s and 10s everyday (page 90 in learning journal)
- Practise all spellings (page 83 - 86 in learning journal)
- Practise handwriting following letterjoin format shown on handwriting sheet. You can also access letter join using www.letterjoin.co.uk Username: eldon Password: grove
- Look at the hundred square practise counting on and back (in ones and tens) from any number. (page 89 in learning journal)
- Read your book and write a character description
- Read your book and write a new adventure ending
- Use real coins to make amounts and work out change
- Create a fun shop in your house and make a price list
- Read on Bug Club if able to access
- Use Sum Dog app if able to access
- Research Captain James Cook and create a project e.g. fact file, painting, track his voyages on a map, create 3D models of his ship the Endeavour.
- DT – Can you plan a healthy snack? Then make a healthy snack? E.g. salad wrap, healthy sandwich or a fruit salad and evaluate it – Did you like it? Why? What would you do different if you made it again?
- Keep a food diary. Can you name the food group (see page 95 in the learning journal)
- Track where food has come from in the world (check packaging)
- Write about the Easter story – Why do Christians celebrate Easter?
- Start your day with a morning brain gym or exercise – e.g. just dance, cosmic yoga (youtube), throwing and catching, skipping etc
- Geography – Make your own map of somewhere you know e.g. your house, the park, the beach etc.
- Use a variety of website links to access learning
- Go on a minibeast hunt in the garden or Local Park – What can you find? Where did you find it?
- Make a nature sculpture using natural materials
- DT-Make a junk model using things in your house of an aeroplane or a rocket.
- Try and complete some non screen activities using ideas from the sheet attached.
Useful websites and links
Topmarks for Maths games – https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/5-7-years/counting
Bug Club – Science Experiments – ‘You can Try this at Home’
Maths ideas and support for children and parents at home - https://thirdspacelearning.com/blog/home-learning/...
Yoga for kids - https://www.youtube.com/user/CosmicKidsYoga
Username – Username – Username -
Password – Password – Password –
School code – w3cx School code – Eldon
100 things to do indoors 2.jpg
25 activities to do at home.png