School Games Mark 2018-19
Eldon Grove Academy was awarded the Gold Mark award in October 2019 following a validation visit, with a portfolio of evidence in place to support all areas of the Mark award. The validation highlighted that the school was offering a strong sports programme across all areas of the award, including:
- a wide range of sports at intra and inter school competitions;
- an excellent tracking system in place which covered clubs and competitions and was monitored frequently. The data highlighted a high level of participation taking place in school, and also tracked the less active young people well.
- 2 hours of PE provision which was well-structured with staff well trained.
- Personal Challenge was completed through a range of activities.
- a good understanding of activity levels and introduced additional options to increase participation from some of the less active young people.
- The sport offer is supplemented by a workforce who is well developed and includes young people from Years 3-6 organising and running sports days. The Sports Crew meet with teachers and are involved in planning and delivering school sport, arranging fixtures, officiating etc.
- utilising a range of communication methods to promote the School Games via regular newsletters, assemblies, and Twitter.
- Opportunities for staff to team teach and build new skills with external providers were also well established and using specialists to work with staff.
- engaging well with local coaches and clubs, with plenty of active links in place.